Our award-winning pharmacy system is the very heart of our ‘under one roof’ care experience. In most of our 26 medical offices, you can pick up your prescription or consult a Kaiser Permanente pharmacist on your way out the door. No more traffic. No more stops.
Whether you’re transitioning from another provider or simply starting out fresh, it’s easier than you think to get started at Kaiser Permanente. Our formulary is different than Emory’s Formulary. To see where your current medications fall, view your 2022 Five-Tier plan formulary.
Once you get your Kaiser Permanente ID Card, call the dedicated New Member Desk number at 404-760-3540, Monday-Friday, 7am -7pm. We’ll help schedule your first office visit with your new Kaiser Permanente provider. Remember, to receive prescriptions under your drug benefit, you will need prescriptions written by your Kaiser Permanente physician. You and your physician may discuss cost effective alternative(s).
If your prescription regimen is complex, to prepare for your physician appointment, you may also be offered the opportunity to schedule a pharmacy telephone consult appointment to discuss your medications. You’ll just need to have available the following during each appointment:
- Your Kaiser Permanente medical record number
- Your current prescription bottles
At your visit, we’ll help make sure you have a medication plan that’s right for you.
Step 3 – Fill your prescription
You can get your prescription filled at any one of the pharmacies located in our many Kaiser Permanente medical offices.
You have three easy options for getting refills:
- Order online at kp.org/rxrefill.
- Order from your mobile device by visiting m.kp.org or through the Kaiser Permanente app (download for free from your preferred app site).
- Call our 24-hour refill line at 770-434-2008. You can even skip the trip! Most refills can be mailed directly to your home. You’ll usually receive them within five to seven business days, and can save money on a 90-day supply.
If you have questions or would like a copy of our preferred drug list, call us directly at 404-261-2590, Monday-Friday, 7am -7pm or view the 2022 Five Tier plan formulary*
*The Kaiser Permanente formulary is different and may result in a change in copay.