Getting started — and staying on track — can be challenging. Wellness coaching by phone can help you create a realistic plan for making positive changes. Call 1-866-301-3866 (toll free), and select option 2. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Coaching is available at no charge for Kaiser Permanente members, in English and Spanish. No referral is needed. Check out www.kp.org/healthengagement for more information online.
Feeling overwhelmed? Tap into the power of self-care with two popular apps that can help you build resilience, set goals, and take meaningful steps toward becoming healthier and happier.
- Calm is an app for daily use that uses meditation and mindfulness to help lower stress, reduce anxiety, and improve sleep quality. With guided mediations, programs taught by world-renowned experts, sleep stories narrated by celebrities, and more, Calm offers something for everyone.
- myStrength offers personalized programs with interactive activities, daily health trackers to monitor and maintain your progress, in-the-moment coping tools, and more. It’s designed to help you set goals and work toward them in ways that work for you.
Adult members can download Calm and myStrength at no cost at kp.org/selfcareapps.
Total Brain helps you learn more about your brain and ways to improve it. Founded on the principles that our mental health can be measured, improved and managed like our physical health, Total Brain provides you with specific mental fitness programs designed to strength your brain capacities and improve your overall mental health. It is scientific, simple, and convenient to use on desktop, iOS and Android devices.
Total Brain is available to all OEBB members 18 years and older who are enrolled in an OEBB medical plan. Register and learn more at TotalBrain.com/OEBB.
The ClassPass fitness membership program helps you stay active from the comfort of your home. ClassPass offers a diverse array of classes across all fitness levels. Choose from two options:
- Free on demand library of over 4,000 video and audio workouts
- Access to livestream and in-person classes, include a free trial and 20% off monthly membership plans
To sign up for ClassPass, visit kp.org/exercise.
- Wellness coaching by phone: Talk with a coach about your health goals, learn about the process of change, create a customized plan to outline small steps you can take to reach your long-term goals. Schedule convenient phone sessions at times that work for you. Visit www.kp.org/healthengagement or call 1-866-301-3866 and select option 2.
No matter what your goal is – to lose weight, eat healthier, move more, develop a more positive mindset, or all the above – WW brings you science-based solutions that fit into your life.
OEBB has teamed up with WW to bring you a program that gives you real-life solutions to get health at no cost to you. You can choose the plan that fits your lifestyle – digital or digital plus workshops. Your OEBB medical plan covers 100% of the program cost.
You must be at least 18 years old (or, 10 – 17 years old for WW’s Kurbo program) and covered by an OEBB medical plan to participate.
To join WW:
- visit the WW website
- enter Employer ID: 15066302
Reduce your risk for developing type 2 diabetes with Prevent Diabetes, an online lifestyle change program that is available to OEBB members at no cost who are enrolled in Kaiser medical plan, are at least 18 years of age, and meet certain health criteria.
Prevent Diabetes is all about you and meeting your needs. It starts by having a personal health coach assigned to you who supports you in making lifestyle changes that help prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. Your lifestyle coach is with you every step of the way, helping you make healthy eating choices without giving up the foods you like, become more physically active, lose weight and keep it off, build confidence, and manage stress.
Learn more at Prevent Diabetes.
Feel better and live healthier with the proven effective Healthy Team Healthy U wellness program. This is a fun and innovative program you can do at work with your fellow employees.
Learn more about Healthy Team Healthy U.
Better Choices, Better Health is an online self management course developed by Stanford University to assist people in dealing with problems associated with chronic medical conditions. Workshops are led by trained facilitators and include approximately 25 participants. You can participate in the six-week interactive workshop at your own pace from any computer. OEBB members and dependents age 18 or older enrolled in an OEBB medical plan can participate at no cost.
Learn more about Better Choices, Better Health®.
- Attend the annual Oregon School Employee Wellness Conference which takes place in Bend each Spring Break – registration is free
- Health Engagement and Wellness Services – Get support and learn online about the health topics of your choice
- Know Your Numbers! Stay up to date on preventive screenings. Complete preventive services recommended for your age by the U.S. Preventive Services Taskforce (annual dental cleaning, mammogram, colonoscopy, etc.)
- Check out the current OEBB Wellness Spotlight: OEBBwellness.com for more healthy resources
The Total Health Assessment is a confidential questionnaire that helps you look at your overall health and lifestyle — from exercise and eating habits to sleep quality and stress. Once you finish, you’ll get a customized plan for a healthier, happier you.