Getting started — and staying on track — can be challenging. Wellness coaching by phone can help you create a realistic plan for making positive changes. Call 1-866-301-3866 (toll free), and select option 2. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can also sign up online to schedule a coaching appointment. To sign up online, log on to your kp.org account. Then click “Schedule appointment.” Select Health and Wellness Education. From there, select Health Coach, then follow the prompts to schedule a coaching appointment.
Coaching is available at no charge for Kaiser Permanente members, in English and Spanish. No referral is needed. Check out www.kp.org/healthengagement for more information.
Feeling overwhelmed? Tap into the power of self-care with two popular apps that can help you build resilience, set goals, and take meaningful steps toward becoming healthier and happier.
- Calm is an app for daily use that uses meditation and mindfulness to help lower stress, reduce anxiety, and improve sleep quality. With guided mediations, programs taught by world-renowned experts, sleep stories narrated by celebrities, and more, Calm offers something for everyone.
- myStrength offers personalized programs with interactive activities, daily health trackers to monitor and maintain your progress, in-the-moment coping tools, and more. It’s designed to help you set goals and work toward them in ways that work for you.
Adult members can download Calm and myStrength at no cost at kp.org/selfcareapps.
The ClassPass fitness membership program helps you stay active from the comfort of your home. ClassPass offers a diverse array of classes across all fitness levels. Choose from two options:
- Free on demand library of over 4,000 video and audio workouts
- Access to livestream and in-person classes, include a free trial and 20% off monthly membership plans
To sign up for ClassPass, visit kp.org/exercise.
- Wellness coaching by phone. Talk with a coach about your health goals, learn about the process of change, create a customized plan to outline small steps you can take to reach your long-term goals. Schedule convenient phone sessions at times that work for you. Visitkp.org/healthengagement or call 1-866-301-3866 and select option 2.
- Sign up online to schedule a coaching appointment. To sign up online, log on to your kp.org account. Then click “Schedule appointment.” Select Health and Wellness Education. From there, select Health Coach, then follow the prompts to schedule a coaching appointment.
No matter what your goal is – to lose weight, eat healthier, move more, develop a more positive mindset, or all the above – WW brings you science-based solutions that fit into your life.
OEBB has teamed up with WW to bring you a program that gives you real-life solutions to get health at no cost to you. You can choose the plan that fits your lifestyle – digital or digital plus workshops. Your OEBB medical plan covers 100% of the program cost.
You must be at least 18 years old (or, 10 – 17 years old for WW’s Kurbo program) and covered by an OEBB medical plan to participate.
To join WW:
- visit the WW website
- enter Employer ID: 15066302
The Healthy You wellness platform, powered by WebMD ONE, is offered to you, your spouse or partner, and any dependents who are at least 18 years old. Healthy You will help you set goals, track your progress, keep you motivated, and provide valuable information along the way.
Visit the Healthy You platform at webmdhealth.com/oebb.
Better Choices, Better Health is an online self management course developed by Stanford University to assist people in dealing with problems associated with chronic medical conditions. Workshops are led by trained facilitators and include approximately 25 participants. You can participate in the six-week interactive workshop at your own pace from any computer. OEBB members and dependents age 18 or older enrolled in an OEBB medical plan can participate at no cost.
Learn more about Better Choices, Better Health®.
- Attend the annual Oregon School Employee Wellness Conference, which typically takes place in Bend during Spring Break. Registration is free.
- Health Engagement and Wellness Services– Get support and learn online about the health topics and health classes of your choice. For options and topics available to you, check out the online Healthy Living Catalog.
- Know Your Numbers! Stay up to date on preventive screenings. Complete preventive services recommended for your age by the S. Preventive Services Taskforce (annual dental cleaning, mammogram, colonoscopy, etc.).
- Check out the current OEBB Wellness Spotlight: OEBBwellness.com for more healthy resources.
The Total Health Assessment is a confidential questionnaire that helps you look at your overall health and lifestyle — from exercise and eating habits to sleep quality and stress. Once you finish, you’ll get a customized plan for a healthier, happier you.