Bringing wellness to you
You don’t have to look far for ways to get and stay healthy. There are plenty of opportunities right on campus. More than 15,500 people have participated in healthy events at UC locations. With the help of the UC system, we fund, support, and deliver a variety of wellness events throughout California. Recent healthy activities at UC include:
- UC Walks — events held at all UC campuses and medical centers had more than 6,000 participants.
- Heart Walk events — Walks held on several campuses to raise awareness of heart disease, and which have involved more than 2,250 participants.
- Know Your Numbers events — Fun health events that promote diabetes awareness and care.
- Wellness fairs — Interactive events featuring nutrition information, health screenings, and wellness tips.
- Healthy lifestyle programs — Online programs offering personalized assistance for nutrition, weight management, stress reduction, quitting smoking, and exercise.
- Kaiser Permanente–funded cholesterol screenings — Screenings that help identify those at risk for heart attack and stroke.